We’ve been very grateful that many of you have been asking how you can help. Ohio women and families are counting on efforts from citizens like you to take action in support of reproductive health care including safe and legal abortion care. Here are 10 great ways for you to get involved. The first step is important as we watch to make sure state lawmakers don’t try to override the veto on the “Heartbeat Bill.”
1. Contact your state lawmakers. Today, call your state senator and representative and tell them you oppose the effort to override the veto of the “Heartbeat Bill.” Give them your name and address so they know you live in their district. Use this link to email them about the veto. In 2017, call them again (you may have a new state legislator in the new year) and tell them you do not want to see new abortion restrictions considered in the Ohio Statehouse.
2. Follow us on social media. We’re pretty good about updating supporters by email, but we’re much quicker on Twitter. Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram. We even Snap. Shares and retweets really help.
6. Tell us your story. Why are you pro-choice? Did you have a powerful experience at a pro-choice march or rally? Did you or a friend face an unplanned pregnancy? Do you remember what it was like before abortion was legal? Tell us your story.
7. Volunteer. We have fun and unique events across Ohio. Sign up and our field staff will be in touch to discuss ways you can help.
8. Write a letter to the editor. Tell your community why you support access to safe and legal abortion, and why you oppose additional restrictions from Ohio lawmakers.
9. Sign up for a messaging training. Want to write a letter to the editor but aren’t sure what to say? Sign up for a Microphone training and we’ll make you an expert on all the restrictions passed during Kasich’s administration so you can become a strong spokesperson on our issues.
10. Host a pro-choice event. You know more pro-choice supporters in your neighborhood than we do. Contact our Development Director Pam McKee and she’ll work with you to plan your event.
Help build a pro-choice Ohio. Every day, NARAL Pro-Choice Ohio fights to protect access to the full range of reproductive health care options—including preventing unintended pregnancy, bearing healthy children, and safe & legal abortion care. We educate the public about the real threat to women’s healthcare posed by anti-choice legislation and policies. We mobilize pro-choice Ohioans to take political action to defend reproductive rights. And we are the voice for Ohio’s abortion clinics, helping them navigate the increasingly hostile climate created by extremist groups. But we need your help. As a member organization, we rely on your financial support to fund our important legislative, educational, and grassroots activities.